Thursday, November 30, 2023

ZEPPOLE WITH RICOTTA CREAM Chocolate and Jam 🍷👍 



Baked or fried zeppole with ricotta cream, chocolate and jam, ideal for St. Joseph's Day, Father's Day, prepared with choux pastry or cream puff pastry and filled with delicious sweet ricotta cream, chocolate chips and black cherry jam, raspberries or flavor to taste. This year I changed a bit and I made the zeppole di San Giuseppe with a different variant, in fact I didn't fill them with the usual custard (a classic for zeppoline) but I dared to fill them with a sweetened ricotta cream like the one used for Sicilian cannoli, I decorated each zeppola with chocolate chips and jam of raspberries because I had an open jar in the fridge, but the ideal would have been to garnish them with sour cherry jam to remember the original recipe for zeppole which includes the classic black cherry. The recipe you see in the photo is the baked zeppola that I stuffed both inside and on the surface to make it delicious, you can also make them fried or cook them in the air fryer and garnish them only on the surface to make them lighter, the choice is yours. Zeppole are very easy to prepare, follow my recipe in the various steps.

Ingredients
Doses for about 12 zeppole.

1 serving of choux pastry
500 g ricotta cheese (dry)
150 g icing sugar
50 g dark chocolate (shavings)
50 g jam (sour cherries, raspberries or flavour to taste)

Preparation

To make zeppole stuffed with ricotta cream, first prepare the choux pastry following my recipe in detail. Once the puff pastry is prepared, choose the cooking method: you can make zeppole in the oven, fried zeppole or even cook zeppole in the air fryer. The recipe I chose for you today I prepared it with zeppole baked in the oven. While your zeppole di San Giuseppe are cooling, take care of preparing the ricotta cream, it will only take you 5 minutes. Put the dry ricotta in a container (I recommend sifting it in a colander or draining it by squeezing it with a cloth if there is liquid), add the icing sugar and mix the two ingredients with a spoon. Put the ricotta cream in a piping bag with a star-shaped spout, cut the zeppole into two horizontal parts and fill the zeppole with a couple of rounds of cream, then close with the cap. Finish filling with more cream in the hollow of the upper part, distribute dark chocolate shavings and finish with some jam decorations (I used a simple kitchen syringe). Your zeppole with ricotta cream, chocolate and jam are ready to be enjoyed. Happy St. Joseph's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Risotto with asparagus and prawns The asparagus risotto, together with the zucchini risotto, tinges our spring menus green! I chose to bring...