Saturday, June 29, 2024

Clams and friarielli 



I think that soon they will forbid me to go to the market, because between the fruit and vegetable stalls and the fish stalls, I risk spending more than in a clothing store! From my trip to the market on Saturday, the dish that I present to you today was also born. I had taken the broccoli to prepare sausage & friarielli, a very successful combination, while the clams were intended for the classic or spaghetti with clams. But it went differently and I found myself with boiled friarielli and clams to cook and I decided to try the combination of clams & friarielli. Since I also had a pack of orecchiette in the fridge and it seemed to me that orecchiette went better with friarielli, I also changed the shape of pasta! The result was amazing: I really recommend you to try this combination! Orecchiette with clams and friarielli.

Ingredients

300 g of fresh orecchiette 
350 g of clams
350 g of friarielli (already cleaned)
1/3 glass of white
wine 2 cloves of garlic
1 pepper 
Salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil 

Procedure

Boil and the broccoli (already cleaned) in boiling salted water. Drain them after 3 minutes, taking care to keep the cooking water to boil the orecchiette, and run them under a jet of cold water to preserve their color. Pour a drizzle of oil into a non-stick pan and add a clove of garlic and a half chili pepper and brown over very low heat. Add the squeezed broccoli and sauté over high heat. Place the broccoli on a plate and keep warm. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan used for the broccoli and brown the remaining garlic clove and half a chili pepper. Add the clams and deglaze with the white wine. As soon as the alcohol has evaporated, cover the pan with a lid and continue to cook until the clams open. In this way, the water from the clams remains in the pan and gives flavor to the orecchiette. Shell some of the clams and return them to the pan. In the meantime, boil the orecchiette in the cooking water of the broccoli and drain them al dente. Add them to the pan of the clams and cook them by seasoning them in the water released by the clams. Add the broccoli as well, stirring to mix well.

Note
I was undecided whether to use orecchiette or classic spaghetti, but I think that fresh pasta better picks up the taste of the water released by the clams and I recommend it. You can also use turnip greens, which generally go well with orecchiette, but personally the combination of the flavor of the clams and the bitterness of the broccoli has won me over and I would not change it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Focaccia tomato and mozzarella   Mozzarella, tomato and salad focaccia is a classic and tasty slice of white focaccia stuffed with buffalo m...