Sunday, February 25, 2024

Spaghetti with seafood 



Today I'm going to post a simple and tasty recipe: Spaghetti With Seafood. It is a dish that can be found on the menu of many restaurants in Naples, which can be considered the younger brother of the famous spaghetti allo scoglio. This preparation is much simpler than the second, but also less rich: in fact, only the freshest mussels that are available are used, such as clams, and mussels (but also clams, truffles, lupins). Only shelled seafood is used.

As I mentioned, it is a preparation that requires less attention than the timeless spaghetti allo scoglio. In fact, in this recipe I only use fasolari, mussels and clams that I cook at the same time, which is not the case with the recipe for spaghetti with seafood. The latter, in fact, also includes crustaceans and squid that have different cooking methods and therefore it is necessary to follow the orderly preparation steps. In addition, in the recipe for Neapolitan-style spaghetti with seafood, there is no use of alcohol (cognac, wine, brandy). What I'm posting today is a recipe that makes simplicity its strong point!

Before moving on to the procedure, I want to tell you an anecdote about spaghetti with seafood, a recipe that has a particular flavor for me. The reason? Simple: it was the ace up my sleeve to steal my partner's heart. In other words, I grabbed him by the throat and the mission was successful. In short, but not too much: we were at the beginning of our relationship and for the first time she came to eat at my house (I was single and lived alone). I decided to make a dish that I had seen my parents cook many times, Spaghetti with Seafood With Cherry Tomatoes: it was a real success and I like to think that also thanks to that first course I now find myself happily married! So if songs are the soundtrack of love stories, for us spaghetti with seafood are the 'taste' of our story. Perfect for Sunday lunch with guests.

Ingredients

600 gr. Mixed Seafood
160 gr. Spaghetti
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
1 clove of garlic
1 chili pepper
10 cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
Parsley to taste

Procedure

Clean seafood thoroughly: mussels, clams; Then let them drain thoroughly to remove any sand residue. Drop the spaghetti in plenty of salted water and in the meantime open the seafood in a pan where you have sautéed a crushed garlic clove and a crumbled dried chili. Once the seafood is opened (3, 4 minutes), transfer it to a plate. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve. Pour the liquid back into the pan and let it cook, over high heat, a dozen cherry tomatoes, salting them lightly. Add a handful of freshly chopped parsley. Also add some of the shelled seafood and sauté the whole thing. Put the spaghetti on individual plates with the help of a ladle. Complete the dishes by arranging mussels and clams (the mussels in half of their shells) around them. Your Seafood Spaghetti is ready to be enjoyed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Risotto with asparagus and prawns The asparagus risotto, together with the zucchini risotto, tinges our spring menus green! I chose to bring...